Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ireland - Baileys Chocolate Sticks

If you have some exposure to alcoholic drinks, you'd surely hear about Baileys. If not, Baileys is the mixture of Irish cream and whiskey. The first whiskey ever licensed was in Ireland, making Baileys a must-try thing when you're in Ireland. Of course, that is if you don't have any dietary or religious restrictions. 

You can purchase a bottle of Baileys in many countries, and the taste will still be the same. For me, I think it's cool to taste a product made in the country of origin. I'm rather weak with alcohol, so I don't really drink that much. I drink Baileys only when mixed with milk, or when combined with ice.

There are many Baileys-derived products out there. I've seen Baileys-flavored ice cream in Indonesia (not sure if it still retain the alcohol content), coffee mixed with Baileys, milkshake with Baileys... but I've never seen this product before:



I accidentally found these when I went to Dunnes Stores.



Again, I'm not sure if these chocolate sticks contain alcohol, but you definitely can taste the flavor of Baileys from the cream stuffing inside the chocolate sticks. Normally you can't really taste Baileys in most Baileys-related products, but I have to say that this one is insanely delicious. I finished the whole box in less than 15 minutes.

But one of my concern is that the packaging doesn't tell you its nutritional content. I don't know how much fats and sugars are in one box, but hey, indulgent foods are things that you know are nutritionally dangerous yet have high potentials to satisfy your soul :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)